Sunday 14 April 2019

A MAN WITH DIRTY CAP


As I entered the school gate, I heard “ give me some time I will submit the fee as soon as possible”, it was a humble voice with a tone of request. I waited for the man behind that voice for 15 minutes, he continuously requested for some more time. After 15 minutes I checked my wallet and found some money which was a donation for needy people and I felt this person needs it. I entered in the account office. A tall man with 6 feet height, with rarely white beard was standing there. I asked him about the problem, he replied “I am a dealer and now a days the items I used to sell is not giving me much profit, my son wants to study in this school, he wants to wear suit and shining shoes, I don’t want to break his dreams, I don’t want that he live a life like me.” I saw a hope and hopelessness together in his wet eyes, I put my hand on his shoulder and said “I have some money and I will submit the fee of your child you do not need to return it”. He answered that, “I have to return it”. I agreed and submitted his fee.
     
    When we were coming out he told me that I used to work in railway station in the morning, bus stop in the afternoon and fruit market in the evening. Note the timings whenever you get time after one week come to the specific area I will return your money, by saying this he went away.
I have decided not to go for taking money back from him, but after three days I was taking tea dipping tea bag in my cup and thought, if this man is doing a business in three different areas then how am it possible that he can’t afford school fee which was not a very big amount. Thinking all this I decided to go to him and get the money back because it was a donation and every time I tried to fix the donation on suitable place.
    
    After one weak it was 8 o’clock in the morning, I remember the man told me in the morning he will be at railway station and it was near to my home. It was a busy day a huge number of people were there at railway station waiting for the train at 9:00 am. Here I remember that I haven’t asked name from that man in the school. I was looking for him in the crowd, asking the shopkeepers and the persons on the duties, “Have you seen the tall man having rarely white beard”. Nobody identified, and I sat on a bench over there. The train came commuters took in and gone.
    
    I stood and ready to go back to home, as I turned right I saw a hand and dirty white cap over the pillar. I checked my wallet and decided to give some money to him. As I went to him I was shock, he was the man to whom I paid in school. The tall man setting with the pillar, having a dirty white cap in his hand and begging. I sat next to him and asked, “You said you are a dealer and the item you used to sell is not profitable?” He replied, “Yes I am a dealer and the item which I used to sell daily is my self-respect”. I was not in my senses then I asked why you told me to return money as you are begging here? He replied, “I don’t want that my son is called a beggar’s son in the institute”. Saying this he took out the money and put into my hand and told before I refuse, “you should take it, I can’t sell my item to you I don’t want to deal with you, and requested not to tell anybody about my business”.

          After this story, I wish to kiss the hands of my father every morning and night.

5 comments:

  1. A nice arrangement of words which make the story more attactive

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has an an amazing message for our youth. Keep it up...

    ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing.... very emotional and attractive story

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for appreciating

    ReplyDelete

We are on the way to ancient era in modern form

The thing which makes us different from animals is communication. Communication is inferred from a Latin word communis and communicare,...